The Artist

An Artist's Tale:


I was talking to this guy, happens to be an Artist. He told me how art has been the passion of his life. Had a home studio from sixteen. Lucky guy.

Anyway, later, he was exposed to working metal and from there developed and got involved with metal sculpture. He's now been painting and doing sculpture for over thirty years.

He told me how each painting or sculpture begins with some form of planning and study. Although the creative juices only begin to flow while the piece itself begins to grow. (As I'm writing this, the BBC is interviewing a London Street Artist John Dolan - Spooky). 

While he is creating the work, there is an element of unpredictability that excites, an eagerness that drives until he completes the piece. With the end product entirely in the hands of the observer, the Artist can only hope he has depicted ideas and emotion in ways that stretch the imagination, conveying the same kind of excitement the artist experienced during the work.

I asked how he developed. He pursued art education and independent learning. Attended experimental painting and sculpture programmes at a University, and subsequently transferred abroad to study Art and Design.

Our friend developed an interest in the European art scene from when he participated in some exchange program. Then he was off to New York to obtain a Master of Fine Arts.

I could have got much more, but I forgot his name and really don't know who to credit.

Will my subject please stand up?







Comments

Popular Posts