African Composers Series 2

Aubrei Woki and The Kalahari


My photos were terrible but the music was good. You can see below how I messed it up. The music was terrific, in stark contrast to the pictures I snapped that evening.


That was Saturday, 8th March at Vortex Jazz Club. On stage, Aubrei Woki and The Kalahari playing their hearts out entertaining an audience of music lovers. The final part of the African Composers Series, Aubrei's band Kalahari were in form.

A native of Botswana, Aubrei has been a musician, bassist and composer for over thirty years. He has performed with high profile artists and legends during those years. Hugh Masekela, Dudu Pukwana, Township Express, Pinise Saul and The South AfricanGospel Singers.

The set list were tracks from their latest CD "Money." A collection of Southern African music that told stories about life in Africa. It was an exciting evening, the excitement must have been too much to bear and I as a result, took the worst photographs ever.

I put my hands up that I goofed as a picture taker and I lost concentration. It never the less took nothing away from the music or the evening. Every one there had a musically rewarding night.

I'll remember that night as the night I took terrible pictures while listening to some good African tunes.

Here are some more photos of my Ooops moment.




Take care and peace out. I'm popping out now to get a new camera...

'Bodederek




Comments

Popular Posts