Black Messiah - D'angelo


D'Angelo and The Vanguard - Ain't That Easy






I'm not a music critic and I don't like to review music, art, design or anything else. I do notice trends. Once in a while, some art form surfaces that gets people both within and outside the industry talking.

D'angelo's 14 year hiatus doesn't seem to have been a wasted one. His new album Black Messiah is on the market and it's got people talking. Some hate it, others just don't get it. Many however, love it.

Over a decade without a release is a long time, especially in a job that demands a high profile, releasing and touring constantly to stay relevant.

The fact that the album is being talked about is a good thing. It means people are taking notice.

I like it because it's unique to him. His personality is in there in the sound. Different tracks also have flavours of Sly Stone, Prince, Stevie Wonder etc. taking me on a journey back down memory lane. He pays tribute to the great artists in this way but still remains true to originality.



Industry music has been asking for a kick up the butt for a long time. I hope this new album will start a revolution among creators and artists working within the industry. "We don't want our music processed like a can of baked beans." A music fan once told me. We want the music to fire our imagination and inspire. Now, that's not asking too much, is it?

Those who aren't sure right now if they like Black Messiah, give it another listen. I can almost guarantee that it'll grow on you.


dangelo-im-trying-to-go-deep! The Record Music News for NPR


Independent Music Review
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/dangelo-and-the-vanguard-black-messiah-album-review-a-timely-second-coming-9968138.html

I guess I'll go now!

Stay Safe

'Bodederek



Comments

Popular Posts